DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
In order to run the choir correctly, we need to hold personal details about all our members.
From 25 May 2018, we will need to comply with the new European Union (EU) rules on handling personal data. The aim of the new rules is to give people more say in how their personal information is used, and improve security by standardising the way organisations across the EU store and use personal information. This notice summarises the way we obtain, store, use and share your personal information. If you have any questions, please contact the Choir Secretary.
What information we collect about you
We hold the following information about you:
- your name
- your address
- your email
- your telephone number/s
- emergency contact details
How we use that information
The Choir Secretary/Chairman need to hold and process information about you in order to inform you of choir-related issues (including financial updates) and musical events which may be of interest to you. We need to hold emergency contact details for you in case of any issues that may arise whilst you are involved in choir activities. This means that we have a legitimate interest in holding and processing the above information. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need and we hold no “sensitive personal data” on Choir members.
Personal data relating to your membership is held on paper and on computer systems. As the “data controllers”, the Choir Secretary/Chairman must process this information fairly and lawfully: all computer records are password encrypted and paper files are kept secure.
Who we share it with
We are not allowed to share personal data about you with other organisations and people unless you have given your explicit consent.
How long we keep personal data for
We must only hold personal data for as long as necessary. We will review the personal data held in relation to Choir members on a regular basis. If we conclude that certain personal information is no longer needed, that personal data will be destroyed: namely after the first full year of non-attendance at meetings.
- you have the right to see personal data that is held about you and a right to have a copy provided in digital format
- if, at any point, you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or wrong, you can ask to have it corrected
- where you have given us your consent to processing your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time by notifying the Choir Secretary in writing
- you can request that your personal data is deleted altogether, by notifying the Choir Secretary in writing
V2 June 2018